Thursday, March 4, 2010

Argentina..........are you kidding me?

So it turns out that my doctor is stuck in Argentina! What the heck? First of all...who goes on vacation to Argentina? (No offense to anyone, just my thought).....and second of all, THIS WOULD HAPPEN TO ME! I have not seen my doctor in over 3 weeks! He has been so booked because he was going on a vacation that I had to see his "assistant" doctor.....who after today I have officially deemed a DOOF! They called me this week and told me that I would have to reschedule my appointment (which was supposed to be Friday) with my doctor to his "assistant" doctor (whom I saw today)! Lets just say he didn't want to really see me because I wasn't his "patient" so he told me absolutely nothing, didn't check me, and said that he couldn't even see my baby's head on an ultrasound because his head is so LOW! I asked if this was a concern and why if it is so low haven't I gone into labor and he told me that "it is what it is." What does that even mean? Needless to say, I was very annoyed...and to top it all off I tried to get an appointment with my doctor for next week and they told me he was booked until FRIDAY. I guess being 39 weeks (almost 40 weeks by next Friday) doesn't get you anywhere! I am just FRUSTRATED! I feel like I am getting the RUN-AROUND. I have had such a great experience with my doctor and his clinic and am just disappointed. I know it is not my doctors fault that there is weather in Argentina and he cannot get out, but this doesn't make a girl who can't sleep because of acid reflux, can't walk because of scoliosis, and is sick morning and night feel very good! Sorry to whine and complain but I had to complain! So if you are reading this I really appreciate you allowing me to vent! Thank you....that's ALL! :)

3 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

Man, Jo!! That sucks!! I am so sorry. I would be frustrated and it seems like you are nicer to the people there than I would be...hopefully things go well let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!

Chelsea said...

I'm so sad! When it showed on my blog that you had updated your blog all I could think is "she had the baby!". Sorry about your doctor, that's so frustrating. Beg next week to have your membranes stripped. It didn't work with Logan, but after having it done with Brynlee I went into labor in about 8 hours. Good luck!

Andrew and Kathy said...

I am so sorry Jo. He will be here soon and it will be worth all the junky health care. Love your guts!!!