Monday, October 29, 2012

Preschool.

 Peyton started his second year of preschool.  He was so excited because he gets to go to the "big school" {aka the elementary school}.  I, however, am not excited about the start time...he has to be at school at 7:15 a.m. You read that right.  I didn't even know that time existed...let alone have it be the start time for elementary school.  I am so glad I don't teach here. Yikes.


He loves it.  He always sings for me the songs they sing at school.  He has learned what the author and illustrator of books are.  When he talks he will tell me at the end of his sentence, "and then a period goes at the end" or "that was a question so it has a question mark at the end".   {his teacher loves books...naturally.}  He also has a smart-board in his classroom instead of a chalkboard.  {i have used them. they are cool} He asked me the other day, "Mom? Do you know what calibrate means? I do." {ugh....don't really know what to say here}  Me: "What does it mean?"  Pey: "When I get to go up to the board and use the magic pen, I have to wait for it to calibrate."  Well alright....I guess they're learning really good stuff. :)

He makes me laugh.  And we're still not used to waking up at 6:30 to get ready for school. 
{taking me back to my high school days}

I suppose I should get used to it.  Next year it's all day kindergarten as well as an early start time.  Don't really want to be around when my 5 year old has to wake up at 6:30 and got to school all.day.long.  
{i would most definitely not want to be a kindergarten teacher here. yuck.}

Luckily we'll only be here for a little over half of the school year.  Then we will head back to Utah and he'll go back to half-day kindergarten.  He will think every day is short day. :)

And so it begins.  My school journey as a mother.

No comments: