It has been a crazy three weeks! Right after we brought Kael home from the hospital Peyton got sick. I began thinking to myself "can't I just adjust to being a mother of two before I have to worry about one child getting the other child sick?" Sure enough, when I took Peyton to the doctor, she told us that his cold could very well turn into RSV or Pneumonia. She then told us that we had to keep the two boys apart because if Kael were to catch Peyton's cold he would be back in the hospital. My first thought..."Are you kidding me?" Peyton is in love with Kael and wants to hold him and touch his head and hands.....I knew that this was going to be a nightmare. Luckily Bryan was still home from work and was able to stay with Peyton downstairs while I kept Kael upstairs. We did the best we could to keep them apart and by pure miracle from Heavenly Father, Kael never got sick! It was hard for Peyton though, he didn't understand why he couldn't come by his new brother. He was also wondering what the heck happened to his mom (which made me cry a little bit.....pregnancy hormones...sigh!). But now we are back to normal and adjusting the best we can.
I have decided though, I will be home bound until Kael can walk! It is so hard to get two kids ready to go anywhere! It takes hours! I think that they are working against me as well (they must have made a pact in heaven)! When one starts throwing a fit the other one wants to join in! I now have two screaming children and sometimes I want to pull my hair out! But I know it will get easier and easier! We all just need to adjust!
Kael is a really good baby though. He is so much more mellow than Peyton was. Although, he has started in with the acid reflux and has started to puke all the time (not as bad as Peyton though...we would burp him with a beach towel!). But luckily this time we know what to do! We love our boys and couldn't be happier to have them both! We know that it will just get more and more fun as the days, weeks, months, and years pass us by! We know they will be great friends!
P.S. There are so many times when I look at Kael and think that he looks just like Peyton. There are also other times when I think they look so different! I wanted to post a picture of Peyton as a newborn and Kael as a newborn to see if they really do look alike!
1 comment:
WOW!! I think they look so much alike. I bet it's so hard having 2, especially when Brian is at work. I'm sorry you had to deal with poor Peyton being sick. I'm glad he's better and can now play with his baby brother. :) Congrats, again!!
Post a Comment