Saturday, October 15, 2011

Diets are for the birds.....


For the last two weeks I have basically been eating a vegan diet. I am doing a special diet to help my acid reflux issues {long story}. Tomorrow is the day that I end. Thank goodness. I don't know any vegans but all I can say is bless.their.hearts. It is tough. I was CONSTANTLY hungry. I wonder if vegans are grouchy? I sure was.


This is basically what I had for dinner every night. For breakfast I would eat watermelon...which was digested in about a half an hour...and then I was hungry.
Basically I had to stay away from anything sour, bitter, spicy, dairy, flour, and meats {except turkey}. It was hard. It was torture to watch others enjoy good food and then turn to my dish which was filled with bland, bland, and more bland.

So tomorrow will be a celebration. I am going to start out easy so I don't overwhelm my system but in the next few days tomorrow may or may not include:

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
Happy hour strawberry limeade
homemade soup
fresh rolls
Raising Canes

Just a few things that I have been craving while I was gnawing on my celery sticks.
:)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Your right, diets are for the birds! Glad you get to look forward to good food now!