Saturday, October 29, 2011

Home Alone....

At our house for the past month we have been watching Home Alone and Home Alone 2. It has already left me humming Christmas tunes. Yikes.

Image

Peyton loves this movie. He secretly wants to be Kevin. Okay, not so secretly. He loves to pretend that he is Kevin. If I ask him to do something he will tell me, "No. Say Kevin." So then I have to repeat myself, "Hey, Kevin, will you pick up those toys for me, please?" It is pretty funny. He even talks about going to New York City to see Kevin and Marv and Harry. Today the morning news was on in the background and they mentioned that it was going to snow in New York City today and he said, "Hey! They just said that it is going to snow in New York City. It's going to snow on Kevin!"

He's gotten a little more obsessed with the movie. This is the display of toys that I found outside of his toy room tonight.

When I opened the door he said, "How are your feet Mom? Did you step on any toys?" When I told him no, he then replied, "Good! I set them out for Marv and Harry!"

As we were quietly playing in his toy room I saw him put his stethoscope on the doorknob. When I asked him why he put it on the doorknob he replied, "It's that thing Kevin puts on the door to make it hot." I totally remembered! It looks just like the tool Kevin used in the first movie to make the doorknob hot! It made me laugh. He is pretty creative.

He even has the same cowlick in his hair...just like Kevin McCallister!

He already has his Halloween costume planned out for next year....he asked if he could be Marv and if Kael could be Harry. :)

I think it sounds perfect.

3 comments:

Brooke and Ryan Steed said...

Jodie, that is HILARIOUS!!!!! I love it!!!

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

This totally cracks me up! What a funny kid you've got. Makes me want to bust out the Home Alone around here!

Blake and Audra said...

This is awesome!! He is so smart!