Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May Vacation.....

 Kael packing his suitcase for the trip....all toys.
Bryan's parents came into town for Bryan's May break to vacation with us and to help us move.


I wanted to bring my BOB stroller along on the vacation because we were going to SeaWorld.  Bryan said it would be impossible to get all of the luggage and the stroller in the back of the rental van.  I made him try....and guess what?  It could be done.  Major tetris skills he has. 

We went to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose, TX.  It is only about an hour and a half from our house. Bryan found a souvenir at the gift shop.  He thought his sisters would love this picture!

 They have a dinosaur fossil park nearby but we didn't get to that park, only the wildlife park.  But they decided to decorate with dinosaurs for good measure.

 The park allows you to drive through the park and feed the animals food from your car.  
It was very cool.

 They also had a petting zoo that you could visit halfway through the park.
I thought this sign was funny.

 And this goat was the naughty goat.  About 2.3 seconds after I took this picture, Bryan's mom got bit by the goat.  Her finger was actually bleeding.  That was the end of the petting zoo for my children...they are now terrified of goats.

 I sat down on the bench and the naughty rebel goat jumped up on the bench next to me.  Then he tried to eat my shorts...literally.  This goat needs to learn some manners.

 We came upon this elk-deer or whatever he was.  He wanted to take a ride in the van.  My kids were freaked out yet again.

 This giraffe was not going to let us pass by without some food.  

 We got to feed the giraffes!  It was so awesome.

 Even Peyton got brave enough to feed the giraffes...and he loved it!

 Battle over food between the giraffe and the elk-deer.  We wanted the giraffe to win. 

 The boys trying to put on a brave face but secretly terrified that the elk-deer was going to actually jump in the car. He he!

 We then came across these cool Zebras.  
Loved them!

And last but not least....the rhinoceroses! 

This park was awesome....unlike the hillbilly zoo that we thought was going to be cool. 
This park is totally worth visiting if you are ever in the DFW area! 
 I am sure we will return!


We then stopped at Hammond's BBQ.  Bryan's cousin's last name is Hammond so we thought it was fitting that we lunched there!  It was delicious.  I will miss this about Texas.  I love all of the little BBQ places that are around!!

No comments: