Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Peaceful






They look so peaceful when they're asleep, don't they? 
I can almost hear the peace oozing out of this picture.  Probably because 25 minutes before I was most likely breaking apart a WWF wrestling match taking place in my living room.


Bedtime is such a circus in my house.  They know when it is coming.  So what do they do?  Get wound up tighter than a drum...and then start wrestling each other...or chasing each other...or jumping off a bed somewhere.  We sing songs, read a story, say family prayer and send them to slumber.  The part that doesn't happen is the "slumber".  They giggle, fight, scream, cry, talk until their eyelids won't stay open any longer.  Some nights this process is so long....to the point I am ready to change my name to anything other than "Mom".  They need a drink, Pey needs to go to the bathroom, Pey is bugging the pillow-pet light, Kael poked my cheek.  
I don't care. Go. to. bed.  NOW.

And when they finally give up the fight and sleep, I love to go see where they decided to give in.  Sometimes it's in the hall, in the doorway, and almost NEVER in their bed.  
It cracks me up and makes me crazy at the same time.

But I do love this.  And especially when they look so alike....and so peaceful.
{i promise.  this is how i found them.}

No comments: