Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin for brother.


Peyton came home with a pumpkin that his teacher had given him. She let them put a face on their pumpkin with stickers.  He was so excited to bring it home to show Kael and I.  As soon as Peyton pulled it out Kael was sad. Peyton immediately told Kael that he could hold his pumpkin.
 {i love moments like this}


I love this picture. 
 Kael is gripping that pumpkin....holding onto a piece of his dream....going to preschool with Pey.
He wants to go to school so bad.  Every day after we drop Peyton off at school and are walking back to the car he hangs his little head and says, "I want to be big, Mom.  I want to go to school with Pey."  It is so cute.  When we pick Peyton up Kael starts asking him all kinds of questions.
  "Did you play with Michael, Pey?" 
 "Did you go down the fireman pole, Pey?"  
"Michael is really cool, Pey."
"I think Andrew is funny too, Pey."
I love it...as if he was right there along with Peyton, playing with all of his friends.  It is so sweet to me.  He thinks the world of his older brother.  He loves him.  He is his comfort.

I know sometimes I swear that I will never have any of my other children two years apart but I am so grateful that they are so close.  Kael needed Peyton in his life and Peyton needs Kael. 
They are such a handful yet so perfect for each other.

1 comment:

John and Courtney Houghton said...

They are so sweet! Love this story and picture. :)