Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The scary wind storm....

Before we left for Texas there was a huge wind storm in Utah. Peyton, Kael, and I were home alone. My parents were actually driving our Camry to Texas for us and Bryan was at work. The wind in Utah can be kind of crazy. It will be calm one minute and literally seconds later it is like a hurricane! We were sitting in the family room and all of the sudden the wind started blowing SO HARD! Peyton was so very worried. I heard a bunch of commotion out on the deck and I ran to the window...


Pretty sure that the wind took the swing and flipped it over the side of the deck and it was dangling by the umbrella! I didn't know what to do! I asked Peyton what we should do. He told me "Lets call Mr. Whicker!"

****
Side Story: There is this man named Mr. Whicker who has a little airplane that he takes off from the field in the backyard. Peyton loves to watch him and always talks about him. So naturally he would call Mr. Whicker to save the day!

****
Since I didn't have Mr. Whicker's phone number handy and the fact that he is like 90 years old, we decided to call Corey home from his friends. Luckily Blake was almost home from work and the two of them saved the day!


Peyton was very worried about the deck! After all it is his home away from home!



There was tons of water on the table...of course Peyton had to splash in it...little boys!


Peyton loved running around splashing in the water!

Peyton noticed a dry spot on the deck....how did that happen? :)

It looks like a tornado rolled through!

This is the aftermath of the wind storm.
The wind pushed a part of the swing into the vinyl pole on the deck. Which then ripped a hole in the side of the pole. The wind also bent the medal leg of one of the chairs!

Peyton surveying ALL of the damage.

We almost lost two swings!

It was pretty bad! Peyton still talks about his deck and how the wind messed it up! He will ask me, "What happened to my deck Mom?" He is a little afraid of the wind now!

1 comment:

ClaysJenna said...

I am loving all the updates!! I love how Peyton is just all boy! Too much fun!!! Peyton asking for the white house broke my heart! I was gonna ask how the transition went and it sounds like it's still in the works!! Your boys are as cute as ever and your family picture/header is adorable!!! I absolutely love it!! Next time you're in Utah hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you!!