Yesterday as I was getting all of my errands done before Thanksgiving we HAD to stop at the dollar store. Peyton had just got a dollar in the mail from his grandma and was itching to spend it. I heard the entire night before, how he wanted to buy silly string. As soon as he woke up he wanted to go buy it. After a fun lunch with Jill, Camden, and Rhett at Chick-Fil-A, we decided to head over to the dollar store. Peyton was so excited, he had two dollars to spend and decided to give one to Kael. He had earned these dollars and he was willing to share with his little brother....it touched my heart!
After we had paid for our items we walked out the doors and a lady stopped me and said, " You are very blessed. I had two boys about the same years apart and now they are all grown." I smiled at her and said, "Thank you, I am very blessed."
After we had paid for our items we walked out the doors and a lady stopped me and said, " You are very blessed. I had two boys about the same years apart and now they are all grown." I smiled at her and said, "Thank you, I am very blessed."
signumAs I continued walking to the car holding each one of my boys' hands, I smiled and thought, "I am very blessed." Being a mother is a very diverse and rewarding job. Most of the time it is funny, wonderful, and amazing. But, there are those moments where it is hard, so much harder than I could ever imagine that it would be. I have had experiences where I have wanted to sit down and cry over a mess and there have been times where all I could do is laugh, because I couldn't change what happened, so I might as well laugh about it. Sometimes I am surprised that my full of life and mischievous boys haven't figured out how fun they could have with flour like the little boys on youtube,
signumBut I am so glad that they are who they are, and most of the time I am glad that they do the things that they do because they make me laugh.
signumI love when Peyton makes Kael laugh. That giggle leaves me with no choice but to smile. Kael loves Peyton and Peyton loves Kael. They are lost without each other. Kael cries when we leave Peyton at preschool and refuses to go to the gym daycare or to nursery unless Pey is there by his side. Peyton can't stand when Kael is asleep. He is bored and wants his little buddy to play with. I can hear him making sounds during "quiet time", also known as Kael's nap time, just so that Kael will wake up. It annoys me to no end because I don't want a grumpy, sleep deprived Kael on my hands, but at the same time it warms my heart because deep down they are such great friends. And I love that.
signumPeyton is such a smart and meticulous child. He thinks deeply about everything and asks questions that sometimes leave me thinking, "You are three years old, how did you come up with that question or thought?" He never gives up on something that he wants, which one day will be good....but for now it drives me up the wall. He is just like his dad, he makes me laugh at least 100 times a day. His creative mind kills me. He can look at something and totally see something that I would not have seen or thought of at first hand. He has taught me a lot of patience, and for that I am grateful.
I love him and could not imagine my world without him.
signumKael is my sweet and tender little boy. He doesn't take easily to a scolding or the word, "No." His little lip curls up into the most perfect frown and big crocodile tears fill his sweet little eyes. He then has to make sure that indeed, you still love him and then things will be okay. He loves to be with people. The first night that he was born he wouldn't sleep alone, he had to be held and he has pretty much been that way ever since. He needs the reassurance that the people he loves and trusts are still with him. If he wakes up at night he will cry and Bryan will go in and pat his back, all he needs to know is that we are still there with him. It is so sweet. Even though he is sweet, he has his feisty moments. Kael works on his own time table, he will do things when he wants. If he doesn't want to try and say a word, he won't. Unlike Peyton, he doesn't feel as though he needs to entertain us. Kael has the most amazing attention span. He will literally sit and watch a movie from start to finish. Kael looks up to Peyton, just like a little brother should. He must do everything his big brother does and have everything his big brother has. Kael will laugh at anything, especially his big brother. I wish I could record his little giggle. It makes me smile.
I am so blessed to have my husband and my little family. I am so grateful that my family is eternal.
I love these boys with all of my heart and soul.
I am so grateful to whomever that woman was for taking the time to stop me and remind me that I truly am blessed.
I love these boys with all of my heart and soul.
I am so grateful to whomever that woman was for taking the time to stop me and remind me that I truly am blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment