Monday, November 28, 2011

The First Thanksgiving...

This past Thanksgiving was our 'first' Thanksgiving away from family. I have to admit that it was a little weird to not be preparing for our Thanksgiving feast with our families....but we had a great time with our friends.

The wives of all of the orphan families got together and planned the dinner.

My assignment was stuffing, yams, corn, and a dessert.

We got together at the church. It was perfect.
I thought we would have to put a big tarp underneath the "children" table, but they did pretty good. I think the only mess that was left on the floor was from my little darlings.

Peyton, Cohen, and Teegan enjoying their Thanksgiving feast!

This is Kael's kind of holiday...he is a chow-hound. His dad gave him a FULL cup of punch...I was shocked when it didn't end up all over the floor or all over him. I guess I should have a little more faith in my children...I just learn from my experiences!

Bryan and Jill loading up their plates. We had PLENTY of food!

We even had enough for Thanksgiving leftovers!

The Thanksgiving Orphans. We even had the missionaries join us!

Kael was still working on his plate even after most of the adults had finished!
He eats a lot!!

The kids found some balls and some hula hoops and had a ton of fun with them!


We are so thankful for all of the friends that we have made in Texas!
Even though we weren't with our families on Thanksgiving, it was nice to be with great friends!

No comments: