Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy 24th of July!

On the 24th of July, my Aunt Marie and Uncle Mark had a Pioneer Day camp out at their house. On Friday night the Barber family as well as my Grandma Helen's cousin Alta's family got together and had tinfoil dinners. My aunt had some fun activities for the kids to do. She had butterfly nets and bottles for the kids to catch some bugs. Peyton didn't really get it at first but as soon as I caught three grasshoppers and put them in his bottle he thought it was awesome! Of course I had to have Corey grab the bugs out of the net! I can do some boy things, but bugs and snakes I DO NOT DO! She then had a table where the girls could make Hollyhock dolls. Peyton wasn't so into this. I made him a pioneer yo-yo. We then made flags for the parade that was going to take place the next day. Peyton was mildly intrigued by coloring a flag but then people started putting up tents and it was over. Some of the family put up tents in my grandma's volleyball field to camp out for the night. Poor Peyton wanted to stay out in a tent so bad. I felt bad, but Bryan had to work early the next morning and I didn't want to sleep out there alone with Peyton and Kael. We will have to camp out another night. Peyton was so broken hearted though.


On Saturday morning we all got back together and had breakfast. Then the kids could decorate their bikes for the parade. Peyton wanted to decorate his Plasma Rider. I put balloons all over it but he was liked to pinch the balloons until they popped!

Popping the balloons! He thought it was so funny. He then would ask me to blow up more!


Everybody got a flag to wave for the parade.


Peyton's Plasma Rider doesn't roll so well on the grass so he just climbed in the stroller with Kael for the parade.

Kael wanted to eat his flag.


I don't understand why he hates getting his picture taken so bad, but he does...goofy kid!


Here is the parade in motion. The little kids loved it. My aunt planned so many fun activities for the kids. They all had so much fun! Thanks Aunt Marie and Uncle Mark for such a fun couple of days!

No comments: