Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthdays...

Friday was my birthday....and I don't know how I feel about it. Not necessarily because I am turning 26, or I am worried about being older....but it was just a blah day. Perhaps it was because we spent part of it on snow packed road with crazy Texans who "think" they can drive in the snow {not all of them are bad...just teenagers and people driving Infinitys} trying to get Kael to the doctors office for his 90th ear infection since he has been born. Or that Peyton was now sick as well and that meant that I had been couped up in the house for pretty much 4 days with 2 sick children. Or that everything was closed because of the snow {which meant all restaurants except McDonalds....hmmm should I eat McDonalds or should I cook on my birthday....I think I will cook.} Or that my license is now expired because the DMV has been closed for count them...4 days! Needless to say Bryan knew that he had to brighten my day a little so he took Peyton for a little "drive" and they came home with a card and a cake. When your little boy picks out your birthday card all by himself,you get a card like this.....


....which was the best card that I could ever ask for. {Notice that this is a card for a grandson...hee hee!} It doesn't matter, this was from his sweet little heart! This was a game changer...this made it a GREAT birthday!

Thanks Bryan, Peyton, and Kael. I love my sweet boys.

3 comments:

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Happy late bday girlie! Hope it was a great one!

Grandma Cheryl said...

That is so funny, yeah for Peyton saving the day. And the hubby, still might win the most romantic guy around. He knew how to make your day.

Jill Skouson said...

That card literally made me laugh right out loud... I'm still laughing in fact. You have to save that forever :) By the way, what is the word to describe you, Grandson? Did your cake have a superhero theme too?