Most days I wake up an start cleaning from the night before {mostly because i am too tired by the end of the night to clean up after these two tornadoes. after these pictures, you will know why.} Once I am done cleaning up one area, I turn around and find this....
Kael thinks that the DVD cases are books and he gets very upset when you won't {can't} read the DVD to him. After the 1011th time picking the DVD's up, they found a new home at the top of my closet.
He was so proud of himself. Even after the bath, he still had a red face!
Luckily Bryan was home for this little adventure, he says that we might as well of had twins! Don't jinx us! JK!
******
Side Story
******
I never knew that taking two children to the doctor's office would be so hard! It was time for Kael to get his immunizations, so we headed off to the doctor's office. When we got into the office, and got the baby all undressed, the nurse asked me for his shot records. Of course.....I didn't bring them into the office with me! I put them in the glove box of our car because I knew that I would need them. So I had to re-dress the baby {put all of their winter gear on. yes. winter gear. it snowed AGAIN last week}. We then had to walk all the way downstairs and across the parking lot to find that Bryan had cleaned out the glove box and it was not there! So we hiked all the way back up stairs and told the nurse that we didn't have it. She said that they could do it without it. {could you have told me that...like...5 minutes ago?} I undressed the baby again, and began filling out all the paperwork. The nurse came in and started doing the measurements...that's when she found the piece of chalk in his mouth. Yes...chalk. They had a little chalkboard in there to occupy the children....and my child ate the chalk. {i am telling you, he will eat ANYTHING except real food} It made me feel like a bad mom{i didn't know that my child ate chalk!}! After we got all the paperwork done, I thought that I could breathe! Nope. Peyton had to go to the bathroom {potty training...ugh}. Are you kidding me? I gave him a pass to go in his pull up, just this once {another bad mom moment}, but he cried and wanted to go to the bathroom! What a good boy. So we made our way to the bathroom, naked child {baby kael} and all. In the bathroom Peyton wanted to become totally naked to go to the bathroom, but I told him that we didn't have time to get him dressed and undressed! Of course he freaked! So I am trying to undress him while he is sitting on the toilet and I look behind me and Kael is fishing in the toilet water {he has been known to do this. of course peyton had partially peed in the water.} Seriously, this is not happening to me. They are BOTH screaming at this point and Peyton was too distraught to finish his business. So back to the room we go {walking past stares from all of the nurses, like "what the heck was going on in there?"} After all the drama, we got his shots and they told me that I had to go down and get his blood drawn. By this time I am sweating, Bad. So we haul downstairs to get the blood drawn. Wow, can this kid scream. All the people in the room were staring at my child screaming his head off {deafening really}! While they were scraping his poor little finger {and i am struggling to hold onto him} I look over and Peyton is watching them scrape Kael's finger and gagging at the same time. The LAST thing that I need is for you to throw up all over the floor! Kael was not happy about blood being drawn {obviously} and was not happy about me putting a coat on him so he started to run away from me and biffed it and smacked his face on the ground. I was DONE! I just wanted to portal jump to my house! I was EXHAUSTED!
I NEVER knew that taking them to the doctor would be so hard!
How do people do this with more than 2 children.
A babysitter?
:)
Luckily Bryan was home for this little adventure, he says that we might as well of had twins! Don't jinx us! JK!
******
Side Story
******
I never knew that taking two children to the doctor's office would be so hard! It was time for Kael to get his immunizations, so we headed off to the doctor's office. When we got into the office, and got the baby all undressed, the nurse asked me for his shot records. Of course.....I didn't bring them into the office with me! I put them in the glove box of our car because I knew that I would need them. So I had to re-dress the baby {put all of their winter gear on. yes. winter gear. it snowed AGAIN last week}. We then had to walk all the way downstairs and across the parking lot to find that Bryan had cleaned out the glove box and it was not there! So we hiked all the way back up stairs and told the nurse that we didn't have it. She said that they could do it without it. {could you have told me that...like...5 minutes ago?} I undressed the baby again, and began filling out all the paperwork. The nurse came in and started doing the measurements...that's when she found the piece of chalk in his mouth. Yes...chalk. They had a little chalkboard in there to occupy the children....and my child ate the chalk. {i am telling you, he will eat ANYTHING except real food} It made me feel like a bad mom{i didn't know that my child ate chalk!}! After we got all the paperwork done, I thought that I could breathe! Nope. Peyton had to go to the bathroom {potty training...ugh}. Are you kidding me? I gave him a pass to go in his pull up, just this once {another bad mom moment}, but he cried and wanted to go to the bathroom! What a good boy. So we made our way to the bathroom, naked child {baby kael} and all. In the bathroom Peyton wanted to become totally naked to go to the bathroom, but I told him that we didn't have time to get him dressed and undressed! Of course he freaked! So I am trying to undress him while he is sitting on the toilet and I look behind me and Kael is fishing in the toilet water {he has been known to do this. of course peyton had partially peed in the water.} Seriously, this is not happening to me. They are BOTH screaming at this point and Peyton was too distraught to finish his business. So back to the room we go {walking past stares from all of the nurses, like "what the heck was going on in there?"} After all the drama, we got his shots and they told me that I had to go down and get his blood drawn. By this time I am sweating, Bad. So we haul downstairs to get the blood drawn. Wow, can this kid scream. All the people in the room were staring at my child screaming his head off {deafening really}! While they were scraping his poor little finger {and i am struggling to hold onto him} I look over and Peyton is watching them scrape Kael's finger and gagging at the same time. The LAST thing that I need is for you to throw up all over the floor! Kael was not happy about blood being drawn {obviously} and was not happy about me putting a coat on him so he started to run away from me and biffed it and smacked his face on the ground. I was DONE! I just wanted to portal jump to my house! I was EXHAUSTED!
I NEVER knew that taking them to the doctor would be so hard!
How do people do this with more than 2 children.
A babysitter?
:)
4 comments:
Oh Jody! I'm so sorry! That is pretty much why I never leave the house.
My twins are a lot of work but some of my worst moments are when Cam was 1 and Katelyn was 4. Yikes. I hope it gets easier for you.
Ok I swear I have to deal with the constant cleaning up just after my husband!!! I don't know what I am going to do when we have kids...perhaps go crazy??!!
Meet Virginia Design
WOW! I am exhausted just reading that, Jodi!
That was so funny! I laughed until I had tears. You should write a book, Erma Bombeck has nothing over on you!
Post a Comment