It is SO cold! I can't believe how cold it is! Saturday it was 75 degrees and we were barbecuing! Now it looks like this......
Last night it started to rain really hard. Then a cold front moved in and brought arctic air to Dallas. The rain turned into freezing rain and our windows were covered with freezing water. The freezing water pelted the windows for about three hours. It pretty much kept Kael and I awake! It then turned to snow and covered the 1/2 an inch of ice that was already frozen to the ground. Everything was closed and school and work was canceled!
Last night we went to the grocery store to make sure that we had what we needed in case we were iced in for a few days...which I am thinking we are going to be! :) It was mad panic at the grocery store! There were no parking spots and people were in line all the way down some aisles! It was crazy. But I am glad we went! You don't want to be without formula!
Bryan got to stay home from school, which was lucky for him because he had a test...so now he gets a couple extra days to study! His school also canceled class for Wednesday! The roads are still horrible. All day they were broadcasting pictures of the freeway and all of the wrecks. They were showing a semi-trailer sliding down the freeway. Its wheels weren't turning but it was still moving. They followed him for two minutes and he didn't stop once. It was incredible! The wind has been howling all day. Some of the gusts have even shaken the windows. The wind chills are below zero. People down here are not used to that kind of weather! It is the coldest it has been in a decade! It is freezing outside, especially with the humidity! Bryan had to run to the car real fast and said the sidewalks and parking lot were covered in ice. We may be inside for awhile{at least I got my taxes done...woot!}! I have listened all day to people outside on the roads spinning their tires because they are stuck. Not fun! It is not supposed to be above freezing until Friday afternoon! Happy Birthday to me! I was hoping it would be warm on my birthday so that we could do something fun!
The Superbowl is in Dallas this weekend! Hopefully it will be warm!
2 comments:
The ice storms in Arkansas were crazy! The entire grocery store would be emptied out and people did't leave their homes for days. Fun to have Dan home, not fun to have a 2 year old and a VERY pregnant lady stuck indoors. We would let Logan bring his outside toys and car inside to ride to keep everyone sane!
Ahh! Today was going on three days. I told Bryan that I had major cabin fever bad being stuck in doors with 3 children! Yikes! We had to go outdoors to get a burger! Yikes...it was cold! Bryan has been home for 3 days! It has been nice but I feel bad for him because his teachers are making them make up the work on their own! It is kind of hard to teach yourself bio chem! This storm stuff is getting old! It is supposed to snow tomorrow morning!
Post a Comment