Potty training...one word...YIKES!

I am going to be honest, I have absolutely dreaded this day since the day he was born! We have tried a few times to potty train, but he has screamed bloody murder every time we sit on the potty. I didn't want it to be too traumatic for him so we decided to wait. On Saturday Peyton asked if he could wear his underwear. I was a little hesitant at first because I had a large to-do list and didn't think that it would work that day. But....I was impressed that he asked me to wear underwear. So we decided to give it a try. The morning went great, he peed 3 times in the toilet! We had to go to get Kael's haircut {which was interesting, another post about that soon}, Bryan's haircut, and to the grocery store. While we were waiting in the car while Bryan was getting his haircut Peyton looked at me and said, "Mom, do you think that they have a toilet inside?" I was so impressed that he asked me that and I also panicked...Kael was asleep in the car and Bryan was getting his haircut. I ran into the store real quick and luckily Bryan was done, he ran Peyton to the bathroom and he peed! I was so excited! He then had a couple of accidents at the barbecue we were at, but I was still impressed!
On Sunday he struggled. He went a few times but had a few accidents. On Monday he woke up and decided that he wasn't going to wear underwear and that he wanted to wear a diaper because they were more "fun". I pretty much told him tough and made him wear underwear which was followed by him crying for 3o minutes about wearing underwear. He did go on the toilet though which was good. He even tinkled a little and I was so excited. My phone beeped and I ran to get it {20 seconds...literally} and I came back and Kael was "fishing" in the toilet in between Peyton's legs! In the pee water! I was dying! I quickly washed Kael's hands with soap and turned around and Peyton was soaking his foot in the toilet. Seriously? Seriously. This was not happening! It was only one o'clock and I was exhausted! I hate the toilet! Peyton doesn't want to use it and Kael thinks it is just some big bowl of watery fun! I keep the lid down and the door shut but Peyton knows how to open doors and lift the toilet lid. So countless times this week I have found them playing in the toilet!
P.S. I think that I will be sending my 5 year old to Kindergarten in diapers. When he decides he doesn't want to something he digs his heels in and doesn't give in! Ugh!

I am going to be honest, I have absolutely dreaded this day since the day he was born! We have tried a few times to potty train, but he has screamed bloody murder every time we sit on the potty. I didn't want it to be too traumatic for him so we decided to wait. On Saturday Peyton asked if he could wear his underwear. I was a little hesitant at first because I had a large to-do list and didn't think that it would work that day. But....I was impressed that he asked me to wear underwear. So we decided to give it a try. The morning went great, he peed 3 times in the toilet! We had to go to get Kael's haircut {which was interesting, another post about that soon}, Bryan's haircut, and to the grocery store. While we were waiting in the car while Bryan was getting his haircut Peyton looked at me and said, "Mom, do you think that they have a toilet inside?" I was so impressed that he asked me that and I also panicked...Kael was asleep in the car and Bryan was getting his haircut. I ran into the store real quick and luckily Bryan was done, he ran Peyton to the bathroom and he peed! I was so excited! He then had a couple of accidents at the barbecue we were at, but I was still impressed!
On Sunday he struggled. He went a few times but had a few accidents. On Monday he woke up and decided that he wasn't going to wear underwear and that he wanted to wear a diaper because they were more "fun". I pretty much told him tough and made him wear underwear which was followed by him crying for 3o minutes about wearing underwear. He did go on the toilet though which was good. He even tinkled a little and I was so excited. My phone beeped and I ran to get it {20 seconds...literally} and I came back and Kael was "fishing" in the toilet in between Peyton's legs! In the pee water! I was dying! I quickly washed Kael's hands with soap and turned around and Peyton was soaking his foot in the toilet. Seriously? Seriously. This was not happening! It was only one o'clock and I was exhausted! I hate the toilet! Peyton doesn't want to use it and Kael thinks it is just some big bowl of watery fun! I keep the lid down and the door shut but Peyton knows how to open doors and lift the toilet lid. So countless times this week I have found them playing in the toilet!
P.S. I think that I will be sending my 5 year old to Kindergarten in diapers. When he decides he doesn't want to something he digs his heels in and doesn't give in! Ugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment