I would like someone to please tell me why children hate naps? I personally enjoy them when I get the chance. Recently Kael's digestive issue has reared it's lovely little head and he has been sleeping terribly. There were some nights that he would be up between 1:30 and 5:30 crying. I felt like I had a newborn again. It was horrible. After a million doctors appointments, and no one could figure out what the problem was, it sort of went away on its own. I think. At least he is sleeping through the night again which makes us both a little happier. But ever since he was sick and having the extra attention at night, we have had to "retrain" him on sleeping in his bed. If his dad puts him down and says, "Lay down and go to sleep.", he does it. He doesn't even cry. For me on the other hand, he turns into some kind of gremlin. He makes these screams that make me crack right up. Even Peyton said, "What are those sounds Kael is making?" The screaming goes on for about twenty minutes until I either rock him to sleep or he gremlin cries himself to sleep. He still tries to climb out of the crib, he has not been successful since I took away his blankets, leaving him with only one. He gets so exhausted gremlin screaming and trying to get out of his crib that sometimes he falls asleep sitting up.
I have sort of wanted Peyton to get out of the nap phase. If he takes a nap then he stays up so late. Some days he just can't help himself. He falls asleep while playing or while watching Toy Story, with his Toy Story friends.
It is so nice when they are both sleeping because I can get SO much done. They are not the most helpful if you know what I mean. They are always two steps behind me undoing what I just did. But sometimes when I have a 6 o'clock wake up call {thank you kael} it is so tempting to lay my head down and catch some shut eye.
I love naps. They are glorious. I just wish that someone would clue my kids in on that fact!
1 comment:
Oh man, I totally understand. Summer has ruined our nap and bedtime schedule. I need my own quiet time or I am a bear by 8. Anyway, good luck! And call or text me when you get into town, I would love to play. My number is 8017219337. Hopefully I will actually have a phone by then...:)
Post a Comment