On the morning of the 4th it was already hot outside, so we decided to hit up the community pool. We joined six other chiropractic families and had a picnic lunch. It was so fun!

Our city has two water parks, one for big kids with bigger slides and this one for smaller children. It was perfect for all of our kids who are small.

Peyton just did his own thing, swimming around the pool where ever he wanted to go. Although, he was not a fan of the lazy river. He would get caught in the moving water and would scream, "No you stupid water! I don't want to go this way!" He's got personality, doesn't he? {
sigh} He loved all of his little friends that were at the pool. He of course cried when we left, "Will we come back?" Sure, sure....I will say anything to get you to the car right now! ;)

This little guy kept me on my toes {
shocker} and gave me about 29 mini panic attacks. Seriously. We mostly played in the kiddie pool that gradually got deeper, and he loved it. He would face plant-it in the water and get up and laugh. He didn't care if his head went under the water. He then decided it would be fun to crawl backwards until the water was over his head, and then he would stand up and laugh. When he realized that it got a little deeper he decided to go where it was waste deep to him...and then face plant it.....one problem, he then couldn't stand up because he was too buoyant to put his hands on the ground to help himself up. Panic attacks people. Panic attacks. Kael then discovered the big pool, where daddy was and walked right off the stairs. I knew that he was going to do this, so I was there to grab him. {
one step ahead of you buddy. always one step ahead} It still makes me gasp for air and causes my heartbeat to go a million miles an hour. I had enough of that for awhile so I handed him off to his dad. Not a great idea. Once his dad figured out that he loved to go under water, it was a fun game for the both of them. He would throw him in the air and let him fall in the water, quickly catching him after he went under. I thought I was going to get a break from the panic attacks. {
why are dads not narotic messes like mothers?} Anyhow, after about 3 hours of swimming Kael had enough.
We fought the entire way home to keep him awake. We were mildly successful until we pulled onto our street. He stayed asleep as his dad got him out of his carseat and I was even able to take off his wet swimsuit and changed his wet diaper, all while he was asleep.

He stayed asleep for 3 hours. Can anyone say, "family nap time"? Glorious.
He looks sweet doesn't he? He is on sale tonight for real cheap. After finding my shoes in the sink in a soapy water-filled bowl of cookie dough and after mopping the entire house, {
our house is all tile} and coming out to find a Vaseline covered Kale and couch, I have had about enough for the evening. Thanks. Any offers? ;)
3 comments:
Yikes! I love reading about all the funny things your kids do! Sophie is the same as Kael in the water. She thinks she can do anything!
That water look so blue! Wow! Your blog is really fun to read!
I love reading your posts...they crack me up! Fun times on the 4th! I'm glad we got to do it all with you guys!
Post a Comment