Thursday, July 14, 2011

Random Behavior...

Recently, Peyton has a new found love for Star Wars. I am completely in the dark on this one. I have never really watched Star Wars and neither has Bryan. Besides knowing the main characters names, we got nothing. I just hope he doesn't want to get into those movies. I can't sit and watch them with him. :( Boring.

This is him being "Dark Vader". He walks around the house with either a backpack on his head or a big green bucket. He told me the other day, "Mom, I really wish that I could look like Yoda." I told him that I thought he was a creepy little guy and he responded, "No, mom. No, he isn't. He is a cute little green guy." :)

I know that I have said time and time again, that Kael....well to put it frank, is a disgusting little child. :) Bryan puts it best, "Kael is a puppy"....right down to the little pool of pee I almost stepped in while chasing him to put him in the bath.

I sent them outside to eat popsicles one afternoon and I looked out the window and there was Kael licking his popsicle, and then the door. Now that I think of it, I think I put this on the blog already. Oh well. It fits under the "Random Behavior" title as well. This picture reminds me of those screen savers that people have of a dog or a cat licking their screen. :)

This is a picture of Peyton hunting dragons at his friend Broc's house. Apparently hunting dragons can make you quite sweaty, he had to add the sweatband to the costume!


We don't have a sprinkling system on our 1/64th of an acre so we have to do the watering by hand. The boys love it because they love to run from their dad trying to spray them. One evening I came outside to this....

...two naked bums. Peyton knows how to strip down and Kael has just learned {remember the poopy incident in the backyard. fun.} They were both trying to get inside because their dad was spraying them with the hose. :)

For some reason Peyton loves to be in the yard naked. When we were moving in to our house and he had to go to the bathroom, we didn't have water yet so we told him to go outside. He loved it. He always wants to go outside now. I told him that we only reserve that for emergencies. On the same evening as above, he decided that it would be fun to play in the sand naked. Getting all the sand off...not so fun.

Needless to say, he hasn't tried this one again. I think he learned his lesson.

Kael has learned how to escape from his crib. Yes, we have it on the lowest setting and he can still get out. I think it is his monkey toes, he can scale those crib bars in 2 seconds flat. Really though, I think that he learned that if he pushes all his blankets to one side, he can stand on them and climb on over. {he uses a similar tactic when wanting to see what is cooking on the stove. i caught him the other day pushing a bucket over and tipping it upside down to climb on to get his macaroni that was cooking on the stove.} He is exhausting. Because I didn't really want to put my 16 month old in a toddler bed just yet, I decided that I would only leave him with one blanket while sleeping in the crib. So far it has worked.


The other day during nap time I found him all tuckered out from his efforts of trying to escape. He fell asleep standing up.


His poor little face was smashed up against the bars. So sad, but I couldn't help but feel happy that I have won....for now.

Life is never boring with boys.

3 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

I LOVE these posts about your boys! Too dang funny!! Makes me excited and nervous to have two boys :)

Shalyce and Jordan said...

Your blog makes me happy Jodie. I just have to laugh a little at your motherhood adventures. You're such a fun mom. I love that you can laugh. They'll grow up before you know it.

Megan said...

Ok, your posts are sooo funny! Love the naked bums...lol.