Thursday, December 1, 2011

This Kid is Killing Me.....


This goofy child right here is testing every ounce of patience that I have.
{which recently, doesn't feel like much}
:)


Like I have said in previous posts he is a very strong-willed child and has his own ideas and own opinions. This test my patience. Today was one of those days where you want to curl up and hide....lock the door and change your name from "Mom". {which i eventually sort of did...it didn't turn out to well}

I have mentioned before that Peyton has and OBSESSION with Home Alone and Home Alone 2. They are the movies of choice when it comes to "Quiet Time". He has seen them so many times that he literally has the lines memorized and actually acts them out along with the movie. It is pretty funny and cute to watch. He has taken the "reality" of the movies a little too far though. I have caught him dumping bottles of water, Vitamin Water, and Sonic Strawberry Limeades on our sidewalk {strawberries and all} trying to create ice so the bad guys will slip and fall. We had to have a talk about how this only happens on movies and that Texas doesn't get ice that often.

A couple of weeks ago I saw him eying a couple of my pearl necklaces. As kindly as I could I told him to not even think about it! He thought that they were broken because they were not "hooked together" making a circle. I then had to show him how they clasped together and that they were indeed not broken. I did not want him recreating the pearl necklace scene from Home Alone 2.
Today, after 3 spilled glasses of juice, cleaning up Cheez-its, and pieces of sandwiches, I had had enough! It was nap time for Kael. I told Peyton that he could watch Home Alone for quiet time and that I would put Kael down and be right back. Well....after only getting a short nights sleep I fell asleep next to Kael. After I woke up and realized that I had fallen asleep with Kael I panicked and ran out to the living room to find Peyton watching a movie. I was relieved that the house wasn't a total disaster. Shortly after, Bryan came home and we decided to run to the store and pick up a few items that we needed. As we were getting things together to leave I realized that Peyton had been a little too quiet for my liking. Bryan went to check on him and discovered Peyton's entire bathroom floor was covered in water. After making Peyton mop up all of the water with towels {and peyton crying because his knees were now wet} it was time to go. I ran to get my shoes from my closet and made a discovery.......

Three of my pearl necklaces broken and scattered all over the floor. {this is what he must have been doing during "quiet time"} I called out to Bryan and told him that he had to come and see this. I also called Peyton to come in and explain himself. He knew he was in trouble....he went and hid in the laundry room and kept peeking around the door to see what his dad's reaction would be. I didn't want to come down on him too hard because he had just gotten in trouble over the whole water in the bathroom incident. Bryan and Peyton had to have a sit-down chat about how things on movies are not real and that we can't really do them.

The pearls were everywhere. Kael thought it was great, he was in there kicking them around having a great time. After we returned home from the store I got the vacuum out and cleaned them up.
Just before bedtime Peyton went and used the restroom. We heard him shut the door and the toilet lid open. Bryan went running to make sure that he wasn't making another mess. Peyton had locked the door and Bryan was trying to get him to open it. Peyton said, "I am going potty, Dad!" Bryan waited for him to finish and open the door. He went in and discovered that the there was nothing in the toilet and he never heard it flush. He then opened the shower curtain and discovered that Peyton had peed in the shower. What?? Why do they do that? Why do the test every single ounce of patience that we have! :) We had to have another chat about why we go potty in the toilet ONLY!
What a day! Ahhh....if I survive him it will be a miracle.
:)

3 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Jodie! This just made my day! Not that I'd wish a kid like that on anyone but I'm glad that I'm not alone! I'm not sure what I'd even do on a day like that! Sounds like you have more patience than me! Someday our boys will be amazing men and we'll look back on all of this and laugh. Don't think I'll be showing Tanner Home Alone anytime soon! ;)

Jill said...

Ohhh Jodie! You have more patience then anyone and your always so kind. Thats why you have your kids b/c you can handle it! You need to have Peyton start watching mickey mouse...something more mild or something haha!

John and Courtney Houghton said...

Oh man Jodie, you are a saint! I can only imagine what my kids will be like one day.... Note self: never let them watch Home Alone. ha ha .