Friday, May 28, 2010

Copters!!

I know that I might sound a little bit geeky saying this but one of my dreams is to go on a military base. It just intrigues me that there is this world behind those big gates that we cannot see. I have had friends that live on Hill Air Force Base and tell me about all the cool things that they have on base. So, I have ALWAYS wanted to go on a military base. So when Wade told us he would show us around Miramar, I was thrilled! Peyton was even more thrilled. He could not believe his eyes..."copters" right in front of his eyes! Jana's boyfriend, Wade is a Gunnery Sargent in the Marines and was able to get us a behind-the-scene look at the helicopters right before he was deployed.

These are some of the helicopters that Wade's division is going to take aboard the aircraft carrier.

Peyton was in HEAVEN! There were helicopters in EVERY direction. He LOVES helicopters! He loves to watch the movie "Transformers" so he can see the helicopters!


He also thought it was awesome to RUN!


Kael just wanted to be warm.....and SLEEP!


He preferred that his hood be over his eyes...he did not appreciate the sun or the wind. Whenever we would lift his hood up he would cry!

Peyton was a little timid about the helicopters at first. He thought that they were either going to transform into a monster or fly away!

He eventually warmed up enough to sit in the seat of the helicopter. You can tell that when we told him to give us a smile....he was not that happy about it!


But...nonetheless there is much to see...so he smiled again!


This is Wade Davis...Jana's boyfriend. This is his helicopter with his name on the side.


We entered the helicopter from the back! The floors of the helicopter are SUPER greasy which made it easy to fall!


Checking out the helicopters!


Bryan got to sit inside of the Helicopter!


Mark was like a kid in a candy shop! I have never seen him so eager and excited.
It was funny!


He was so excited about sitting in the pilot's chair!


Miramar Marine Base was as great as I thought it would be! Now I can officially say DREAMS do come true! Just kidding...It really was awesome though! Wade was so nice to take us around and show us the helicopters! Peyton LOVED it!! He still talks about Wade and his helicopters. He was playing with a Fisher Price helicopter and he put the pilot in his seat and said, "Mommy, look it's Wade!" He LOVED Wade! He still asks me if he can go see him! Every helicopter that he sees in the sky or on T.V. is "Wade's Copter"!

2 comments:

Blake and Audra said...

how fun!! That seems like such a fun day out with the dam. I love the picture of Kael in your jacket. So cute!! I'm so glad your dream came true! :)

Chelsea said...

How cute! Logan would be in heaven, he calls them "copter" too!