Thursday, November 18, 2010

Doggy bed.....

We are struggling with night time! A little background info for you...we used to live in my parents basement. Since we had two other house guests residing in the basement with us, {Tyler and Blake} our little family lived in one giant room. Yes, there were four of us all sleeping in one room. Bryan "tetrissed" things nicely so it was quite roomy. So, needless to say our transition into a three bedroom apartment has been rough on our children. We got them sleeping in their own room for the majority of the night. Yes, I said majority of the night {they are both terrible sleepers}. Like I said, they were both going to sleep in their own room, until Peyton got scared of the train that passes by our house. It is this lovely little old fashioned train that passes our house randomly. I don't know what it carries or where it is going but it travels slow, and honks very LOUD. It scares him so bad, even during the day. I think it is just the surprise of the sound that frightens him. It always passes by in the early evening hours and then conveniently passes our house between midnight and 2 AM. He always runs crying into our bed. Then two weeks ago our fire alarms went off in the early morning hours because our furnace burned out. Then a week later they did it again. I was not a happy camper. Now he is afraid of EVERYTHING! Now he runs crying when someone knocks on our door or the ice falling from the ice maker.
At first we just made Peyton a little bed on our floor that he could come and sleep in when he got scared. Now that he has become a more permanent resident of our room, the bed has grown a little more extravagant if you will. Bryan has created him a fluffy bed with four blankets piled high and two blankets to cover him. I call it the "doggy bed". It is the same size as a doggy bed. Peyton LOVES it! And who wouldn't? That thing is just as comfortable as my pillowtop mattress. Bryan shouldn't have made it so comfy, now he will NEVER leave!


The other night I was going to go to bed and found ALL 3 of them piled on the dog bed. Well Bryan can't actually fit on the bed so he is left to lay on the hard floor! But it doesn't look like he minds too bad! They were all laying on the floor leaving a big comfy bed ALL to myself. I didn't enjoy it too long before I was invaded! I NEED a BIGGER bed!

No comments: