So I knew that I wanted to do something on Peyton and Kael's wall above Kael's crib. I had been looking for letters to put on their wall for weeks online but they were a little expensive. I saw that Hobby Lobby was having a half price sale on their wall decor. So I went to see what they had!

They only had these gaggy gold colored letters
{no offense if you like big gold letters}. I loved the font on the letters though...just what I was looking for! I found some on the internet and they were going to be about
$20.00 dollars for
EACH piece! I got these for
$15.00 dollars for
ALL three pieces! So I thought I got a pretty good deal!

Of course I
HAD to paint over the gold color. So I went and got some white colored paint. I also wanted the letters to be fun colors but I didn't just want to paint them, I wanted them to have a little depth and texture. So I dug deep in my brain and remembered at my 11th birthday party when my mom had my friends and I Mod Podge jewelry boxes. {my mom threw good parties}. So I took my
Michaels 50% off coupon and bought me some supplies {
shown above} :)

Mod Podge is so easy! All I did was cut little sqaures of tissue paper, placed them on the painted letter, and painted over it with the Mod Podge! It took a few layers of the tissue paper and some time to dry! But they turned out so
FUN...

The letters just after the Mod Podge dried.

Here are the letters on the wall. Just in case you are puzzled the
P & K are for Peyton and Kael. It took some real math to get the letters up on the wall. Thank heavens that I have Bryan to accurately hang my pictures! Nothing bugs me more than an off-centered picture!
I love getting thrifty ideas on crafts! There are some great blogs out there that have great ideas! Check out a blog that really inspires me
here.
I
LOVE to decorate!
No comments:
Post a Comment