Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas in Dallas...

I am not going to lie, it was a little hard to get into the "Christmas" spirit in Dallas when it was 70 degrees! They make it as "Christmasy" as they can though. Along the city bridges and cement walls they line it with garlands and Christmas lights. It is very beautiful at night! One night we decided to go and experience some Christmas things people like to do in Dallas. They have a cute little city that is just southwest of Dallas Love Airport called Highland Park. It is the really wealthy area of the metroplex. The houses are beautiful and HUGE! They all light up their gorgeous houses and their large trees that cover the streets! We drove around looking at lights while listening to Peyton's favorite Christmas CD....Taylor Swift. He loves the song "Last Christmas". We had to listen to it 33 times that evening! After we were caught in the end of the Highland Park Christmas parade and saw Santa Claus on a fire engine we decided to head over to Neiman Marcus in downtown Dallas. Everyone told us to make sure that we saw their awesome window displays! I remembered seeing the ZCMI Christmas window displays as a child...and I loved it!

They had all the Big Brothers and Big Sisters Clubs across America decorate stars to hang up in the window. It was very cute!

Kael loved viewing the windows from the stroller...wishing he could walk alongside Peyton {which he has already started to do! Pretty sure he started taking steps at 8.5 months. One word...CRAZY. But I will post on that later!}

The whole theme of the windows was "Space Monkeys". I was a little disappointed, I thought the windows would be more "Christmas" themed, but it was still a cool concept.

There were tons of these little tubes and slides going in and out of the windows. During operating hours, you could take your children to play in the tubes. You walk alongside your child as they make their way in and out of the display windows.

Peyton wanted to go inside and play so bad. First of all, they were closed. Second of all, you have to be four and a three feet tall. So it will be a couple years before he can play here. {That is if they continue to do a display like this.}

They crawl alongside the monkeys, they are washing the tubes the children crawl through! As the monkeys were washing the tube, they were singing the song "Car Wash". Instead of using the words "car wash", they were singing "star wash". It was cute!

At the end of the tubes, there was a slide that the children exited out of. When the store is closed, they lock the slide opening with a big vault lock. Peyton thought it was a pirate wheel.

Even though they were closed, Peyton found something to play on!

He wanted his dad to come sit and watch him play.

Kael and mom.

It was a really cool idea and would be totally fun to play in. Peyton would have loved to climb around there! Maybe next year!

We headed up to Utah for the Christmas break. We will spend about a month with family. I won't lie, as much as I HATE the snow and cold, it is nice to have it around for the holidays. I think I will LOVE January and February in Dallas though. I am not a real fan of the single digit temps and the fog!

No comments: