Recently, there has been two things in this world that I have come to HATE...well lets just say I LOATHE!
One of them being this little beauty...

This train passes by our house on a crazy schedule. I can't even call it a schedule really. It usually passes by in the evening between 5 and 7 O'clock. It then passes back by between 11 and 2 a.m. Seriously. It is across the street, but that doesn't really matter when sound is concerned! It doesn't travel very fast, at most 15 mph. It is a cute little train when it isn't honking in the middle of the night. It scares Peyton when it passes by in the middle of the night. When I hear it honk, I can count to 3 and then I hear the
pitter patter of little feet running across the kitchen and jumping on my bed. We then have to have a conversation in the middle of the night about how the train is nice just like Thomas the Train!
Another horrible, but necessary object....

When we turned on the heater for the first time this season, it burned something out and caused a little smoke. This then caused our smoke alarm to go off. Luckily the train had passed by and Peyton was already on his "
pre-made" bed {
it's easier than making one in the middle of the night}. It was 6 a.m. We all got a rude awakening. Then exactly 7 days later it went off again, this time at 11 p.m. Not exactly sure why, because we did get our furnace fixed! A few days later, Bryan burned a pizza and the fire alarm went off. A series of unfortunate events really. Peyton is now scared....of
EVERYTHING! Someone knocks on the door...he loses it!
Kael knocked over some pots and pans and he ran screaming! He won't sleep alone, he won't play alone, he won't even be ten feet away from me. The only really hard part is sleeping, he has to sleep in our room. Luckily Bryan made him a comfy "doggy bed", so he is fine on the floor. I don't really know how to fix this, the child remembers everything. I can honestly see him at 18 sleeping on his doggy bed! You can see why I
HATE these two items, right?
3 comments:
It is so funny that the second you become a mom you become OBSESSED with keeping children asleep. My day revolves around naptime and bedtime! I relate with your post about blog overload. When we were in Arkansas it was important to post so much more on our blog so family could see it while we lived away. Hope school is going well for Brian, will we see you at Christmas?!
Their sleep is so important! They are not the best sleepers, so any sleep they can get...they need! We will be in Utah for about a month for Christmas, so we will definitely see you!
Their sleep is so important! They are not the best sleepers, so any sleep they can get...they need! We will be in Utah for about a month for Christmas, so we will definitely see you!
Post a Comment