Sunday, December 12, 2010

An Elf Came To Visit...

Herbie the elf came to visit before we went to Utah. "Herbie" wanted to bring Peyton and Kael some suitcases for their Christmas trip to Utah. Peyton had seen a little boy at the airport with a Buzz Lightyear suitcase and wanted one. Whenever he sees something that he wants he asks me, "I am going to ask Santa Claus for that." I thought it was perfect that "Herbie" brought these for the boys!

Woody and Buzz suitcases. Woody's badge lights up and Buzz's laser lights up when it moves. I knew Peyton would LOVE this feature!

Kael was anxiously waiting for his brother to wake up!

Peyton came out crying because he "couldn't find me". He does this every morning. He thinks that I have disappeared if he can't see me the moment he opens his eyes {the fire alarm fear...argg!} But I know the crying thing is an act...he immediately stopped crying when he saw the suitcases. This is a picture of him asking, "Oh. What is that?"

"The Buzz one is mine, and the Woody one is for Kellies." {Peyton calls Kael "Kellies"}

"Who brought these to me?"

"An elf came to my house?"

"I like the Woody one!"

Peyton was so excited with his gifts from Herbie, Kael was naturally indifferent! It was all fun in games until Peyton decided that his was broken! Then his world crumbled! He wanted us to go to the store right then a buy a new one! He had the suitcase upside down with the wheels in the air and it would drag right {obviously}. We had to teach him that Buzz's back had to be facing the sky so he could fly if he needed to! He then was bothered that his dad put a pillow inside of his suitcase! Lots of crying! I never thought that my boys would be so dramatic! He did pretty good pulling it through the airport until we had to walk up a hill....then he was "too strong" to pull it! :)

No comments: