Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Story of Us....

Today we have been married for 6 years! I can't believe it!


This is a picture of us at the Jazz game while we were in Utah for Christmas Break! We went with our good friends, Greg and Lynsey! Thanks for taking us!


I wanted to document how Bryan and I met...fell in love...and got married! :)

We met on Saturday, July 3, 2004. I wasn't supposed to be working that Saturday but decided to work to earn money because I was going to college in St. George in the fall. It was so weird that I chose to work that day because I had to miss some of the 4th of July festivities {and if you know me, you know I LOVE the 4th of July! I guess I was just listening to the spirit!}. I worked as an "On-Call Teller" for First National Bank. That means that I would fill in for tellers at various branches who were sick or on vacation. That day I had to work in the Bountiful branch. I was late of course {That was before the overpass on 200 North in Kaysville. Those stupid trains! I haven't missed them!}. Bryan was excited! He thought I stood him up and that meant that he couldn't open the branch...therefore he would get to go home early. Much to his dismay, I peeled around the corner in my Chevy Celebrity {that's right 1987 to be exact!}. I apologized profusely and we opened the branch. He was so fun to talk to! I don't think that I stopped laughing the entire time{and to be honest, I don't think I have stopped laughing the entire 6 years! He is hilarious!}! I was just hoping that he was single. We didn't have very many customers that day but one of the people that did come through was a police officer for Bountiful City. He knew Bryan and was really friendly with him. He asked Bryan, "I heard that you are getting married?" {That sucks! This always happens! The good ones are already taken! :) } But Bryan quickly replied, "No, we are dating other people." The guy looks at me and said, "Are you single?" I gladly said, "Yes!" {Mostly because I had just got out of a CRAZY relationship! And the fact that we were both single!} The guy then replied, "She's cute. You should take her out!" Immediately both of our faces went red and both laughed. Bryan replied, "Well maybe I will." We both smiled at each other! So by the end of the shift "Mister Smooth Mover" had set up a date between my friend Hilary {who also worked at the bank} and his friend Greg....so of course we had to go on a date so it wouldn't be awkward! :) We went out 3 days later to Applebees {not sure why on that one...since we both hate it...he he!} We were together almost everyday until I moved to St. George! {I had already paid my rent and tuition...so I was kind of committed}. All though I did fly home every weekend, with the exception of one of the weekends when Bryan came to St. George! We got engaged on October 30th, which is another story for another day! I moved home on December 18th to plan a wedding! We then got married on Thursday, January 27th, 2005 in the Bountiful, Utah Temple! We didn't have a reception, just a lunch at Joy Luck Restaurant in Woods Cross, Utah. It was the best way to spend the day!
It has been an amazing 6 years! We have gone through a lot together! He has sacrificed so much for me! He put his schooling on hold while I could finish mine! For that I will be forever thankful! We are now on a new adventure, one that I would only want to take with him! He is so smart, a wonderful husband, and a more amazing father! I love him with all of my heart and always will. I am so grateful and excited that he will be by my side for eternity!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I love that story! So glad you decided to work that day. Congrats on 6 years!

Jill Skouson said...

What a great post! Bryan better read this blog post, even if he doesn't read blogs much (or at all) :)

ClaysJenna said...

I LOVE your guys' story!! Happy 6 years!! So glad you guys are happy! Cute picture of you two at the game!