Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve at the Grand America...

The Grand America Hotel has window displays inside their hotel at Christmas time. When I was a child I would love to go down to ZCMI and see the Christmas window displays. Since the ZCMI Center no longer exists and the ZCMI store as I knew it has changed ownership at least twice, I was excited once again to see some Christmas window displays. I felt we were a little jipped by the Neiman Marcus store in Dallas. It was not Christmas themed at all. This year the theme of their window displays was the ABC's of Christmas. You got a little note card and pencil and had to complete the alphabet by what was displayed in the windows. At the end of the window displays you could take out your completed note card to the front desk and receive a cookie from their bakery. It was fun, but to be honest, I would have rather gone to see the Temple Square lights. I love the spirit that is there on Christmas Eve. I love watching the nativity program on that cold winter's night. You can really imagine what it must have been like to have been there the evening of our Savior's birth. Next year we will go there on Christmas Eve for sure!

Peyton was so excited for the gumballs!

I thought it was a so cute that they had the gumballs out on display!

Peyton shoved the whole thing in his mouth. I was scared he was going to choke. But he didn't, he gnawed on it for awhile....and eventually swallowed the entire gob of gum {at least he didn't throw it on the floor}!

Our family on Christmas Eve!

The Grand America is a really fun place to visit during the holiday season. It is decorated so beautifully! I would recommend going and seeing it!

No comments: