Kael has had his fair share of ear infections. He has basically had a constant ear infection since the end of January. It is a little hard to get rid of the infection when you are allergic to such an important antibiotic! After his 6th ear infection in 4 months, his doctor decided yesterday that he needed tubes. He actually wanted to do it the next day. I was so happy that he wanted to do it so soon because Bryan is still on his break and could help me! This morning we went to the surgery center for the procedure. Kael was actually really good during the check-in process. I was afraid that he would be nervous because of his hospital incident a few months back. He has been sheepish around doctors ever since. I think he has forgot about that little vacation in the hospital. :) When the nurse came and got him to take him back to the operating room, he went right to her and had no problem going around the corner with her. It was about 10 minutes and "Mr. Personality" aka Kael's ear nose throat doctor came and told me that the procedure was complete. He showed as much interest and enthusiasm as a rock would have. I hate doctors like that. So irritating. It wouldn't kill them to act like they cared about your child, rather than it being another day, another procedure, another dollar. Whatever. Sorry about my little rant, I will get off my soap box. Kael was NOT a happy camper when I got to recovery. I could hear his screams from far away. Finally when I got to him and held him, he calmed down and was finally able to drink a bottle. Bryan had to run Peyton to joy school and came back to pick us up. When Bryan asked the nurse where Kael's recovery room was, Kael heard his voice and sat straight up frantically looking for his dad. As soon as he saw him he started crying and reaching for him. Shortly after Bryan came, we were able to go home. It was the easiest surgery EVER! Kael was not very happy when we put him in his carseat. He had drank his entire bottle and threw his binky on the floor of the car. He was still upset. So I grabbed the only thing I could find...a piece of a donut. He immediately happy! He just sat in his carseat chowing down on a donut. I was shocked that less than a half an hour earlier, he was in surgery! Now he is sound asleep.



1 comment:
Jodi we are going through this same thing right now! Owen is scheduled to have surgery next week after 10 ear infections in less than 6 months. I feel your pain! And thank you for being so detailed about the procedure. I now feel a little more prepared for our turn next week. I sure hope it helps sweet Kael too!
Post a Comment