So on a whim and a little convincing from our friends, the Austin's, we decided to go to San Antonio! We decided that we needed a "break" from our break before Bryan started school back up again. For the past three weeks we have worked so hard to get moved and all that entails! A few chiropractic school families were going to Sea World in San Antonio and the Austin's invited us to go along! We were so glad they invited us, we had so much fun!

Peyton...

...and Kael fell asleep just outside downtown Dallas. Really I wish that they would have waited for nap time to take place a little later in the journey, but who can be picky? The silence was great {
and anyone that has taken a road trip with young children, know what i'm talking about}! We live about five hours from San Antonio. It is not a bad drive at all. Literally, the prettiest scenery I have ever seen lies between Dallas and Waco! I
LOVE it! Waco is only about an hour and a half from Dallas. We stopped and ate lunch there next to the Brazos River. We caravanned with the Austin's and ate a picnic lunch at a park. The boys played by the river {
don't worry, they were supervised :) i put that in there for my mother's sake. :) } Peyton threw one of his friend Broc's toys in the river. Problem was, is that this particular toy horse was Broc's world. He fed it and slept with it. The boys didn't really understand that when you throw it in, you don't get it back. Needless to say we had to stop by a Target and get Broc another horse. As soon as I gave Broc his new horse Peyton said, " Hey Broc! You got your horse out of the riber." {
love that he still says "riber" for the word "river"!} I quickly piped in, "No! Mom had to buy Broc a new horse because you threw the horse in the riber! We don't throw toys in the riber!" Peyton then let me know, "No mom! Broc got his horse back from the riber!" Whatever. When we left Waco it was only about another hour and a half until Austin and then San Antonio is an hour and a half between that. There were enough "big" cities along the way to make the trip go by so fast!

Highlight of MY trip!
That's right....the store says Pottery Barn
OUTLET!
On the way back I
INSISTED that we stop by the outlets in San Marcos, TX. It is a little town located about halfway between Austin and San Antonio. Recently I had read on a blog that Pottery Barn had outlet stores. Immediately I searched online to find the nearest one! My search came up with 4 hours being the closest one! Still far...but still good news! I had been trying to come up with a way to get to this outlet! Luckily it was on the way to San Antonio! Bryan said that we could stop on the way back to Dallas! Lets just say I was more excited to hit up the PB Outlet than I was to go to Sea World! :) It was the best. day. ever! So many things! I got cute blackout drapes for the boys' room for $12.97, a duvet cover for Peyton's bed-$4.97, and two quilted pillow shams for $9.97! Now, if I would have had a truck and a little bit of money, I would have bought me a sofa, love seat, and an overstuffed chair! They had great prices on those! I am telling you...google it...see how close one of these stores is to you! Totally worth the drive! Don't you worry, I
WILL be back {and maybe this time armed with a U-HAUL!}

The boys didn't last too long at the outlets and were screaming as we left. The type of screaming when you ask yourself, "Is this really happening to me? Is this what my life has come to?" I know some of you know what I mean! :) Luckily the screaming fit of rage ended up with two children sleeping in the backseat..all the way to Austin...and through an hour of Austin's lovely rush-hour traffic....and woke up just outside Waco...it was almost 3 hours of silence people! I think that it was the least they could have done after their screaming "war". {
this is a game that peyton and kael LOVE to play in the car. screaming at one another to see who can scream the loudest. so competitive those two!} After they woke up they thought they were hungry. I couldn't really blame them, it was 7 o'clock...I was a little hungry too! Especially when we saw the
Up in Smoke BBQ sign!

This little restaurant is literally just off of the freeway, in the middle of nowhere {
between Waco and Dallas}. It was authentic... including a "real" farmer dressed up in overalls and a cowboy hat...so cute! The food was really yummy! I know, the pictures are so bad. Our children
WILL NOT hold still for a picture!

And they also threaten to cut the camera! Such a joy this one is!
A drive that I was
TERRIFIED of didn't end up to be so bad after all. I had a moment of panic before we left...we don't have one of "those" cars...the ones that have the DVD players coming out of the ceiling of the car! How are our children going to make it? Lets just say that we sang a lot of "Popcorn Popping", "Old McDonald", and "The Wheels on the Bus". Phew! I think I could do another one...especially if we are passing through San Marcos!
No comments:
Post a Comment