One thing that I have learned about Texas is that it has some pretty freaky bugs!
The fire ants here are INSANE! I thought they would be noticeable...like big and red...but this is not the case, they look like regular little ants. But, WOW can they bite! One bit me on the bottom of my foot and it stung for a good 15 minutes. Little jerks. Peyton had a run in with them as well...after screaming for a few minutes he decided that fire ants are "idiots".
The other night Peyton was playing out in our yard with some little friends in the sandbox {with his shirt off} and came into the house and had 3 big bites on his back. {i promise that we don't beat our child...these really are bug bites} :) Each bite was a little bigger than quarter-sized. I am not sure what type of bug bit him...but I am sure it was one of the freaky ones!
:)
The fire ants here are INSANE! I thought they would be noticeable...like big and red...but this is not the case, they look like regular little ants. But, WOW can they bite! One bit me on the bottom of my foot and it stung for a good 15 minutes. Little jerks. Peyton had a run in with them as well...after screaming for a few minutes he decided that fire ants are "idiots".
The other night Peyton was playing out in our yard with some little friends in the sandbox {with his shirt off} and came into the house and had 3 big bites on his back. {i promise that we don't beat our child...these really are bug bites} :) Each bite was a little bigger than quarter-sized. I am not sure what type of bug bit him...but I am sure it was one of the freaky ones!
:)
Peyton has really sensitive skin, so even a simple mosquito bite will double in size within a sew minutes. His skin breaks out in a gnarly rash if we put mosquito spray on him, so we are not sure how to protect him.
This picture was taken after being awake all night itching and scratching until he made them bleed. I felt bad because I didn't have any Benadryl and Kael had walked off with my anti-itch cream. {every morning Kael empties my bathroom drawers. it's a ritual. sometimes things make it back in the drawers and sometimes not} It was a long night! I took this picture at nap time {all 3 of us enjoyed nap time}. He didn't want to wear a shirt because that just made him itch more. Sad.
The bites have now shrunk and have almost disappeared. I am sure this won't be our last run-in with some Texas freaky bugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment