Sunday, March 13, 2011

A "Beary" Happy Birthday...

Such a cheesy title I know, but I had to do it! :)

Because the boys birthdays are so close together, we decided to celebrate them together while Mamau was here! We took the boys to the Grapevine Mills Mall to Build-A-Bear Factory to start off the day!

Kael didn't know what was going on, he was just glad that he was out of his stroller and could walk around.

Peyton couldn't believe that there were barrels of stuffed animals at kid level!
"I'll take 2 please!"
Mamau was trying to convince him to get the pink and white kitty!
{to bug Bryan 1-it's a cat 2-it's pink}
He settled on the panda bear.

Kael found a puppy!

"I think my puppy wants some sparkly shoes."

"What is this?"

Peyton ABSOLUTELY did not want to stuff his bear. He was totally fine with it being just a shell. After a minor tantrum I convinced him that it would make his bear "cool" {because he loves when things are cool} if it was stuffed. He decided that the stuffing was the bear's dinner and it was okay to feed him. {whatever child...as long as you cooperate} He liked kissing the heart and pushing the pedal.

Giving his new bear a bath.
I think that this was his favorite part. He was so careful to clean his bear off.
It was so cute.

And what did Kael do? He tried to eat the brush. I know your shocked.
{when do they get over trying to eat everything? i swear people think that i don't feed him}

Peyton made sure that both bears were safe in the stroller. He named his bear Dangee
{it is pronounced dayne-gee, i think this is from his imaginary friend he has named Dangerfield. he is such an imaginative child.}
Peyton helped Kael name his doggy. He chose the name "Tango Wango". Yes, I am serious. And yes, he came up with both names by himself.
{he nicknamed the dog behind my parents house, Tango Wango. we still don't know where either of those names came from. funny.}

The staff was so cute. They gave them both birthday badges and let Peyton ring the "Birthday Bell". He LOVED it! Then they sang them both a song.

The lady singing to Peyton.
A little shy/embarrassed.

"What in the world is going on here!?"

All done!

Next we took a ride on the merry-go-round that they had at the mall.

Kael was not so sure about this. He would rather be held, thank you!
{shocker} :)

Peyton liked it!

As long as he could hold onto Mamau, he would ride it.

After we got done at the mall we went to Chili's for some mid-afternoon appetizers.
Peyton got an IBC Rootbeer. He loves to do "cheers".

Bryan ordered Kael a rootbeer for his birthday. He LOVED it!

Bryan and I at Chili's. Bryan was really sick with a cold, but he tagged along anyway.

It was a great birthday day!

2 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

What a fun day! Happy birthday to your two birthday boys. I sure love your blog Jodie. It's so fun to read :)

Jodie said...

Thanks you are so sweet!