Thursday, March 17, 2011

Innocent.....

They look so sweet and innocent don't they? Take a field trip through my day....you WILL change your mind! :)

Kael turned 1 and decided that he should be big. He should do everything that his older brother does including walk down a slide, jump off the bed, play the guitar,...oh and eat pizza. He felt so left out sitting in the cart while we got to sit and enjoy the delectable cheap Sam's Club concession food. I sat him down next to me and the first thing he did was take Peyton's slice of pizza and stated going to town! Kael didn't realize he was taking his life in his hands. I was just waiting for Peyton to figure it out and turn around and clock him. This would then send Kael flying backwards, hitting his head on the concrete and we'd be lucky to get out of there without stitches. Luckily this didn't happen. Somehow his attention got diverted by the fact that he, "wanted a hot dog! Not PIZZA!" {seriously? you just cried all the way through Sam's Club telling me that you are hungry and, "I want pizza!" then, in the line I MADE sure that you wanted pizza instead of a hot dog. even letting you pick the kind of pizza you want. seriously?} What 3 year old changes their mind? ;)

He tried to kife my hot dog until he saw the relish on it, then he went for Bryan's. :)
He took one bite of Bryan's hot dog and said, "Oh. I hate mustard, here Dad. Where's my pizza?" {whatever.} By this time I had carefully taken it out of Kael's little hands and put it in front of Peyton. He never knew it was gone. {you can thank me later Kael} :)


I loved this sweet innocent picture of them coloring on the chalkboard together. Peyton was so impressed by chalk. "Where did you get this, Mom? This is cool." I was so thrilled that he was sharing with his brother and that his brother was actually coloring with the chalk, not eating it. Oh wait, he did eat the chalk. :) After taking the chalk out of Kael's mouth and distracting him with something else, I decided to finish up the laundry while they were playing so nicely together. I was impressed that they were getting along, no crying yet from Kael....good sign. As I was thinking, "Maybe we are making progress here. Maybe I will realize that having two little boys two years apart isn't that bad." I turned on the drier to "fluff" my towels {mainly for procrastination reasons} :) and what do I hear.....the loud tumble of foreign objects in my drier. I quickly opened it up to find a matchbox car. Hmmm that could not be making all of that noise, there has got to be more. As I continued to dig through my clean laundry I also found a bouncy ball, a Buzz Lightyear toy, and a Zhu Zhu pet....yes...a Zhu Zhu pet. Seriously? I had to laugh inside. They probably thought that it was so funny loading up the drier with all of those toys. I turned the drier on to continue the "fluffing" procrastination process and I heard a banging noise again as the drier turned round and round. I reached into find....a sippy cup full of chocolate milk. I was not laughing inside anymore. It got all over my clean clothes. Ugh. Confession....I am not a huge fan of laundry {mostly because i forget that i have put something in the washer and it sits all day and then i remember and have to rewash it, this cycle tends to repeat itself several times} :) I am REALLY not a fan of doing laundry multiple times. I am going to have to start putting a rubber band on my bi-fold door.....until the little squirt figures out how to open it!

So yes....I say, they may look innocent and sweet.....but they are wild and crazy!

{even though i had to rewash the towels {3 times}, i still love them like crazy!}


sidenote: I hate daylight savings. the end. {as i write this at 12:3o in the morning} :)

No comments: